The following is the list of advantages/benefits which I have prepared so far.
- Light weight and has a very small footprint.
- Browser abstraction – jQuery provides browser abstraction and is hightly optimized for each individual browser.
- Excellent Plugin architecture – jQuery has an excellent Plugin architecture and you can find a jQuery Plugin for anything that you want to do.
- Speed – When compared with other libraries, jQuery is much faster.
- Less code == Less mistakes == better performance.
- Active development community – It has a very active development community headed by John Resig
- Backed by major organizations like Microsoft and Nokia. Microsoft had integrated it with the latest version of ASP.NET
- Very small learning curve.
- Chaining well suited for designers since it uses selectors based on CSS Selectors.
- Excellent Documentation for all methods and selectors.
- jQuery UI – Provides ready made themable GUI components.
Let me know if you could think of any addition to this list. Thanks 🙂