Mobile Application developers, get ready, Google has announced the second edition of Android Developer Challenge to award the best mobile apps build on the Android platform.
The first edition of Android Developer Challenge which took place last year had more than 1,700 entries. With the recent release of Android 1.5 Google is expecting more entries this time. This challenge was announced in the recent developer conference Google I/O along with other Google Wave and Google web Elements (more about them later 🙂 )
The following are some of the important rules to take part in the contest
- Should be in English
- Should run on Android 1.5
- Open only for applications which are not published before.
- Should be submitted to one of the following 10 specially-designated ADC 2 categories.
- Games: Casual/Puzzle
- Games: Arcade/Action
- Social Networking
For each of the 10 categories:
- 1st prize: $100,000
- 2nd prize: $50,000
- 3rd prize: $25,000
Overall (across all categories)
- 1st prize: $150,000 (meaning the overall winner will receive $250,000)
- 2nd prize: $50,000 (meaning the 2nd prize winner will receive up to $150,000)
- 3rd prize: $25,000 (meaning the 3rd prize winner will receive up to $125,000)
The dates are not yet finalized but the submission will close somewhere in August and the results will be available by November.
PS: (for Yuvi) Since you have lost your mobile, try to get a new one which supports Android so that you can take part in the contest. 🙂
- Recovering Android KeyStore password
- Using WebSockets with Android to control Arduino robots
- 10 more open source Android apps which every developer must look into
- Building Robots using Android and Arduino in Google Devfestx
- Transferring data from Android using Audio
- Building Robots using Arduino and Android at DroidCon