Yes, you have read the title correctly, the codebase of both WordPress (single user installation) and WordPress MU (multi-user installation) are going to be merged into a single codebase.
It is not clear when this merging will be done, but my guess is that they will be merged in WordPress 3.0. Once the integration is done, we can have BuddyPress for single user installs also.
This is great news both for the developers and end users and I am very excited about it. 🙂
- WordPress Developer tools to increase productivity in WordCamp Mumbai
- Email Log WordPress plugin v1.9.1 released
- Email Log WordPress plugin v1.9 released
- How to find if you are on the last page of a multi-page post in WordPress
- Easy Retweet WordPress plugin v3.1 Released
- Creating custom tables with correct Character Set and Collation in WordPress