Google has added some new search syntax and so here is the update to my Google Search syntax tutorial.
Fetch only Fresh results
First one is to narrow down your search to only the most recent web pages. This is particularly important, since Google has started serving fresh results.
Alex Chitu from the unofficial Google Operating system blog has found that we can use as_qdr query parameter to search only for fresh pages.
In order to use this you have to add a new parameter as_qdr at the end of the url like below
The as_qdr parameter can take the following possible values.
- d[number] – past number of days (e.g.: d5)
- w[number] – past number of weeks (e.g: w5)
- y[number] – past number of years (e.g: y5)
More explanations by Matt Cutts and also at Life hacker.
Being born in India, circket is there in my blood and the same for Sadeesh Duraisamy who works in Google. Thanks to him and now we can keep an eye on the latest circket scores by just typing the word cricket in Google’s search box.
Well, it’s time for me to watch the do-or-die match with South Africa for India in the latest twenty20 tournament. 🙂
Posted in Google/Yahoo
Tagged cricket, Google, Matt
Matt Cutts, (the-guy-next-to-God for SEO’s) is a asking for feedback about various Google products and services at his blog.
Initially I thought of giving the feedback as a comment in his blog itself. But it was only after I gave the comment I realized that I need more from Google. So Matt here is my feedback
- Gmail as my default mail application – I want to read mail from my other POP3 accounts
- DELETE button and also a keyboard shortcut to delete the message
- Keyboard shortcut to assign a label to a message.
- Single keyboard shortcut to do a couple of things like pressing D makes all unread messages as read and achieve them
- Ability to add my own custom RSS feeds for web clips
- INVISIBLE mode
- Offline message
- Ability to add my webcam too
- Connect it with telephone like Skype
- Infinite archive of conversation
- Ability to add our own software to the list provided
Google Earth/ Maps/ Local
- Add India and the rest of the world too.
New products/ Services
- Google Calendar
- Google Office
- Google Browser
- And also Google OS 🙂
So guys, have you ever felt of giving feedback to Google? If so then here is your chance.
Matt’s Feedback url’s
Posted in Google/Yahoo
Tagged Gmail, Google, Matt