I have added a new addition to my existing list of geek toys. This time it the programmable watch ez430 by Texas instruments.
Yes you heard it right; it is a watch which you can (re)program 😉
The following are some of its features
- MSP430 with integrated <1GHz wireless transceiver
- On-board 3-axis accelerometer
- Pressure sensor
- Temperature sensor
- Battery voltage sensor
- 96-Segment LCD display driven directly by CC430
- Includes an eZ430 USB emulator that connects the Chronos to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging
- Can be paired wirelessly with other RF based devices
- And of course you can see time as well 😉
Here is a video introducing the watch by Texas Instruments
I am currently working on a couple of ideas like integrating this watch with Arduino etc. So stay tuned. Meanwhile if you see me waving hands in the air, look carefully, I might be controlling the nearby devices using gestures 😉
I was thinking to write an Android application for this.
Do let me know if you succeed.
Thanks for introducing such a kewl device 🙂
Please let me know where can I buy this in India.
You can buy it online from http://www.ti.com/tool/ez430-chronos . It also has free shipping to India. I bought it from there only
Did you try any custom program with this watch?
Considering our Indian normal use, where and all it can be used, apart from the Std. watch functions?
I tried the programs from OpenChronos package. But apart from that, I haven’t tried much. Will start to play around with it again when I get some free time.