Most of you know that I have another website in addition to this one where I talk about my experience with hardware programming. When I started the website in late 2012, I decided to host it using another single instance of WordPress.
Recently one of the users of my Bulk Delete WordPress plugin asked me if I can add the ability to delete posts in bulk from multiple sites at once in a WordPress multisite installation. I have played around with WordPress MU a bit before it got merged with WordPress, but haven’t played much with WordPress multisite after it got merged. I did a WordPress multisite installation in my dev server and was very impressed with it. I also realized that it will save me lot of time by just maintaining one WordPress installation instead of two.
After testing out plugin compatibility, I converted both the blogs into a single WordPress multisite installation. The migration process was very simple and now both the sites are powered by a single WordPress multisite installation.
If you manage more than one WordPress installation, then do consider doing it using WordPress multisite. It might simplify lot of things for you.
- Joined 10up
- WP Github Gist plugin now supports the new Gist API
- Twitter Avatar plugin now supports the new Twitter API
- How To Properly Create Tables In WordPress Multisite Plugins
- Email Log plugin is now fully WordPress Multisite compatible
- Prevent users from adding new terms to custom taxonomy in WordPress