Logs every email sent through WordPress and provides a UI where you can view them.
Viewing logged emails
The logged emails will be stored in a separate table and can be viewed from the admin interface. While viewing the logs, the emails can be filtered or sorted based on the date, email, subject etc.
Deleting logged emails
In the admin interface, all the logged emails can be delete in bulk or can also be selectively deleted based on date, email and subject.
Resend email (Pro addon)
You can buy the Resend email pro addon, which allows you to resend the email directly from the email log. The addon allows you to modify the different fields before resending the email. The cost of the addon is $15 and you can buy it through paypal.
More Fields (Pro addon)
You can buy the More Fields pro addon, which shows additional fields in the email log page. The following are the additional fields that are added by this addon.
- Reply To
The cost of the addon is $15 and you can buy it through paypal.
Forward email (Pro addon)
You can buy the Forward email pro addon, which allows you to send a copy of all the emails send from WordPress, to another email address. The addon allows you to choose whether you want to forward through to, cc or bcc fields. This can be extremely useful when you want to debug by analyzing the emails that are sent from WordPress. The cost of the addon is $15 and you can buy it through paypal.
Cleaning up db on uninstall
As recommended by Ozh, the Plugin has an uninstall hook which will clean up the database when the Plugin is uninstalled.
If you are not familiar with either git or Github then refer to this guide to see how fork and send pull request.
If you are looking for ideas, then you can start with one of the following TODO items 🙂
TODO for Future releases
The following are the features that I am thinking of adding to the Plugin, when I get some free time. If you have any feature request or want to increase the priority of a particular feature, then let me know.
- Add option to automatically delete the logs periodically
- Add an option to export logs as csv file
- Add the ability to resend the emails. Done in Resend Email Add-on
- Make it MU compatible. Done in v1.7
- If you have found a bug/issue or have a feature request, then post them in github issues
- If you have a question about usage or need help to troubleshoot, then post in WordPress forums or leave a comment in Plugins’s home page
- If you like the Plugin, then kindly leave a review/feedback at WordPress repo page.
- If you find this Plugin useful or and wanted to say thank you, then there are ways to make me happy 🙂 and I would really appreciate if you can do one of those.
- If anything else, then contact me in twitter.
I would be posting updates about this Plugin in my blog and in Twitter. If you want to be informed when new version of this Plugin is released, then you can either subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed or follow me in Twitter.
You can also checkout some of the other Plugins that I have released.
The Plugin currently has translations for the following languages.
- German (Thanks Frank)
- Lithuanian (Thanks Vincent G)
- Dutch (Thanks Zjan Preijde)
The pot file is available with the Plugin. If you are willing to do translation for the Plugin, use the pot file to create the .po files for your language and let me know. I will add it to the Plugin after giving credit to you.
This Readme file was generated using wp-readme, which generates readme files for WordPress Plugins.
This screenshot shows the settings page of forward email addon
The above screenshot shows how the logged emails will be displayed by the Plugin after you install the more fields addon
This screenshot shows how you can configure the email display screen. You can choose the fields and the number of emails per page
This screenshot shows the additional fields that will be added by the more fields addon
The above screenshot shows how the logged emails will be displayed by the Plugin
Normal WordPress installations
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Q. The content of the email is not getting logged when I am using wpmandrill plugin
A. wpmandrill plugin has a bug that prevents this plugin from logging the content of the email. More details about the bug is available at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mandrill-is-changing-the-names-of-args-in-the-filter?replies=1. I have asked the author of the plugin to fix it and it might get fixed it the next release. Meanwhile, I have added a hack to handle this condition in v1.7.3 of my plugin. So if the content is not getting logged, then upgrade to v1.7.3.
v1.9.1 – (2016-07-02) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fix: Only allow users with
manage_optioncapability to view email content.
v1.9 – (2016-06-19) – (Dev time: 6 hours)
- Fix: Improve the performance of count query (issue #33)
- Docs: Added access modifiers to class methods
- Docs: Removed unused array_get() method
- Docs: Inline documentation added
- Tests: Added Unit tests
v1.8.2 (2016-04-20) – (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Tweak: Log all emails from the TO field. Earlier the plugin was logging only the first email
- Fix: Fixed issues in parsing reply-to and content-type headers
v1.8.1 (2015-12-27) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fix: Fixed the “Delete All Logs” issue that was introduced in v1.8
v1.8 (2015-12-26) – (Dev time: 5 hours)
- New: Added filters and actions for addons
- New: Added Resend Email Addon
- Tweak: Optimize for large number of logs
- Tweak: Use charset and collate that is defined in wp-config.php file
- Tweak: Format email content
- Tweak: Remove PHP4 compatible code
- Fix: Sanitize the delete email log url
v1.7.5 (2014-09-23) – (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Tweak: Remove PHP 4.0 compatibility code
- Tweak: Tweak the install code (issue #26)
- Fix: Fix a bug in the save user options function (issue #27)
v1.7.4 (2014-07-24) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Handle cases where
time_formatare empty (issue #23)
- Tweak: Remove excessive comments from include/class-email-log-list-table.php (issue #10)
v1.7.3 (2014-05-14) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Fixed a compatibility issue with wpmandrill plugin (issue #20)
v1.7.2 (2014-04-16) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Fix issue in register_activation_hook
v1.7.1 (2014-04-02) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Fix the issue that was preventing the tables to be created
v1.7 (2014-03-29) – (Dev time: 2.5 hours)
- Fix: Fix whitespace
- New: Add support for WordPress Multisite (issue #18)
- New: Add ability to delete all logs at once (issue #19)
v1.6.2 (2014-01-27) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Fix unexpected output while activating the plugin
v1.6.1 (2013-12-17) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Change
prepare_itemsfunction so that it adheres to strict mode
- Fix: Remove
screen_iconfunction call which is not used in WordPress 3.8
- New: Compatible with WordPress 3.8
v1.6 (2013-12-08) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- New: Add a link to view the content of the email in the log screen
v1.5.4 (2013-09-21) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix issue in searching non-english characters
- Add addon screenshots
v1.5.3 (2013-09-14) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix issue in bulk deleting logs
v1.5.2 (2013-09-13) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Add the ability to override the fields displayed in the log page
- Add support for “More Fields” addon
v1.5.1 (2013-09-09) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Correct the upgrade file include path. Issue #7
- Fix undfined notice error. Issue #8
- Update screenshots. Issue #6
v1.5 (2013-09-09) – (Dev time: 10 hours)
- Rewrote Admin interface using native tables
v1.1 (2013-04-27) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added more documentation
v1.0 (2013-04-17) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added support for buying pro addons
v0.9.3 (2013-04-01) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Moved table name into a separate constants file
v0.9.2 (2013-03-14) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added support for filters which can be used while logging emails
v0.9.1 (2013-01-08) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Moved the menu under tools (Thanks samuelaguilera)
v0.9(2013-01-08) – (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Use blog date/time for send date instead of server time
- Handle cases where the headers send is an array
v0.8.1 (2012-07-23) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Reworded most error messages and fixed lot of typos
v0.8 (2012-07-12) (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Fixed undefined notices – https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-email-log-notices-undefined-indices
- Added Dutch translations
v0.7 (2012-06-23) (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Changed Timestamp(n) MySQL datatype to Timestamp (now compatible with MySQL 5.5+)
- Added the ability to bulk delete checkboxes
v0.6 (2012-04-29) (Dev time: 2 hours)
- Added option to delete individual email logs
- Moved pages per screen option to Screen options panel
- Added information to the screen help tab
- Added Lithuanian translations
- Fixed a deprecation notice
- Added German translation (Thanks Frank)
- Added compatibility for MySQL 4 (Thanks Frank)
- Added compatibility for MySQL 4
- Initial Release