Logs every email sent through WordPress and provides a UI where you can view them.
Viewing logged emails
The logged emails will be stored in a separate table and can be viewed from the admin interface. While viewing the logs, the emails can be filtered or sorted based on the date, email, subject etc.
Deleting logged emails
In the admin interface, all the logged emails can be delete in bulk or can also be selectively deleted based on date, email and subject.
Forward email (Pro addon)
You can buy the Forward email pro addon, which allows you to send a copy of all the emails send from WordPress, to another email address. The addon allows you to choose whether you want to forward through to, cc or bcc fields. This can be extremely useful when you want to debug by analyzing the emails that are sent from WordPress. The cost of the addon is $15 and you can buy it through paypal.
More Fields (Pro addon)
You can buy the More Fields pro addon, which shows additional fields in the email log page. The following are the additional fields that are added by this addon.
- Reply To
The cost of the addon is $15 and you can buy it through paypal.
Cleaning up db on uninstall
As recommended by Ozh, the Plugin has an uninstall hook which will clean up the database when the Plugin is uninstalled.
If you are not familiar with either git or Github then refer to this guide to see how fork and send pull request.
If you are looking for ideas, then you can start with one of the following TODO items
TODO for Future releases
The following are the features that I am thinking of adding to the Plugin, when I get some free time. If you have any feature request or want to increase the priority of a particular feature, then let me know.
- Add option to automatically delete the logs periodically
- Add the ability to resend the emails
- Make it MU compatible. Done in v1.7
- If you have found a bug/issue or have a feature request, then post them in github issues
- If you have a question about usage or need help to troubleshoot, then post in WordPress forums or leave a comment in Plugins’s home page
- If you like the Plugin, then kindly leave a review/feedback at WordPress repo page.
- If you find this Plugin useful or and wanted to say thank you, then there are ways to make me happy and I would really appreciate if you can do one of those.
- If anything else, then contact me in twitter.
I would be posting updates about this Plugin in my blog and in Twitter. If you want to be informed when new version of this Plugin is released, then you can either subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed or follow me in Twitter.
You can also checkout some of the other Plugins that I have released.
The above screenshot shows how the logged emails will be displayed by the Plugin
This screenshot shows how you can configure the email display screen. You can choose the fields and the number of emails per page
This screenshot shows the additional fields that will be added by the more fields addon
The above screenshot shows how the logged emails will be displayed by the Plugin after you install the more fields addon
This screenshot shows the settings page of forward email addon
Normal WordPress installations
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
v1.7.2 (2014-04-16) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Fix issue in register_activation_hook
v1.7.1 (2014-04-02) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Fix the issue that was preventing the tables to be created
v1.7 (2014-03-29) – (Dev time: 2.5 hours)
- Fix: Fix whitespace
- New: Add support for WordPress Multisite (issue #18)
- New: Add ability to delete all logs at once (issue #19)
v1.6.2 (2014-01-27) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Fix unexpected output while activating the plugin
v1.6.1 (2013-12-17) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix: Change
prepare_itemsfunction so that it adheres to strict mode
- Fix: Remove
screen_iconfunction call which is not used in WordPress 3.8
- New: Compatible with WordPress 3.8
v1.6 (2013-12-08) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- New: Add a link to view the content of the email in the log screen
v1.5.4 (2013-09-21) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix issue in searching non-english characters
- Add addon screenshots
v1.5.3 (2013-09-14) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Fix issue in bulk deleting logs
v1.5.2 (2013-09-13) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Add the ability to override the fields displayed in the log page
- Add support for “More Fields” addon
v1.5.1 (2013-09-09) – (Dev time: 0.5 hours)
- Correct the upgrade file include path. Issue #7
- Fix undfined notice error. Issue #8
- Update screenshots. Issue #6
v1.5 (2013-09-09) – (Dev time: 10 hours)
- Rewrote Admin interface using native tables
v1.1 (2013-04-27) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added more documentation
v1.0 (2013-04-17) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added support for buying pro addons
v0.9.3 (2013-04-01) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Moved table name into a separate constants file
v0.9.2 (2013-03-14) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added support for filters which can be used while logging emails
v0.9.1 (2013-01-08) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Moved the menu under tools (Thanks samuelaguilera)
v0.9(2013-01-08) – (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Use blog date/time for send date instead of server time
- Handle cases where the headers send is an array
v0.8.1 (2012-07-23) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Reworded most error messages and fixed lot of typos
v0.8 (2012-07-12) (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Fixed undefined notices – http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-email-log-notices-undefined-indices
- Added Dutch translations
v0.7 (2012-06-23) (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Changed Timestamp(n) MySQL datatype to Timestamp (now compatible with MySQL 5.5+)
- Added the ability to bulk delete checkboxes
v0.6 (2012-04-29) (Dev time: 2 hours)
- Added option to delete individual email logs
- Moved pages per screen option to Screen options panel
- Added information to the screen help tab
- Added Lithuanian translations
- Fixed a deprecation notice
- Added German translation (Thanks Frank)
- Added compatibility for MySQL 4 (Thanks Frank)
- Added compatibility for MySQL 4
- Initial Release