There were lot of enhancements that went into this release. The following are some of the notable ones.
- Tags are now supported on the front-end, including inline editing
- Moved over to WordPress settings API.
- Consolidated settings area for better admin navigation.
You can read the complete list in the announcement blog post.
This release also includes couple of bug fixes which were reported in the forums. Notable among them are
- “Recent Notes” works better.
- Phone number / IM field deletion on edit has been fixed.
This release also has a couple of Plugins added to the core, which can be activated separately.
- RoloPress Import: probably our most requested feature. You can now import any Outlook CSV file into RoloPress. We choose Outlook CSV because most contact managers allow you to export in this format.
- Google Maps for RoloPress: View a google map of any address in RoloPress. You can see an example on demo.rolopress.com.
Another important milestone of this release is that, this release includes code from a third developer apart from me and Steve. The third developer is Mike Whitfield, who contributed the front-end tag editing code. Welcome Mike 🙂
Try it out and if you have any feedback, please post it here or in the forums.
- WordPress Developer tools to increase productivity in WordCamp Mumbai
- Email Log WordPress plugin v1.9.1 released
- Email Log WordPress plugin v1.9 released
- How to find if you are on the last page of a multi-page post in WordPress
- Easy Retweet WordPress plugin v3.1 Released
- Creating custom tables with correct Character Set and Collation in WordPress