Github Ribbons is a WordPress Plugin that allows you to add “Fork me on Github” ribbons to your WordPress posts or pages. You can enable the ribbon per post/page level or at global level.
The following are some of the features of the Plugin
- You can choose between image based ribbons or CSS3 based ribbons.
- You can choose whether to show the ribbon on the right side or on the left side.
- You can choose whether the link has to open in a new tab or not.
- You can choose any one of the 6 different colours that are available.
- Configuration can be set either globally or on a post by post basic.
Styling using CSS
If you want to style the ribbon yourself or add additional CSS styles to it (like adding
z-index etc) then add it to the
.robbon-holder CSS class.
If you are not familiar with either git or Github then refer to this guide to see how fork and send pull request.
If you are looking for ideas, then you can start with one of the following TODO items 🙂
The following are the features that I am thinking of adding to the Plugin, when I get some free time. If you have any feature request or want to increase the priority of a particular feature, then let me know.
- Add an ability to translate the text used inside the ribbon
- If you have found a bug/issue or have a feature request, then post them in github issues
- If you have a question about usage or need help to troubleshoot, then post in WordPress forums or leave a comment in Plugins’s home page
- If you like the Plugin, then kindly leave a review/feedback at WordPress repo page.
- If you find this Plugin useful or and wanted to say thank you, then there are ways to make me happy 🙂 and I would really appreciate if you can do one of those.
- Checkout other WordPress Plugins that I have released.
- If anything else, then contact me in twitter.
- Dutch (Thanks Rene of WPwebshop)
- Spanish (Thanks Mike Arias of InMotion Hosting)
- Hindi (Thanks Love Chandel)
- Lithuanian (Thanks Vincent G)
- German (Thanks Robert Wetzlmayr)
The pot file is available with the Plugin. If you are willing to do translation for the Plugin, use the pot file to create the .po files for your language and let me know. I will add it to the Plugin after giving credit to you.
This Readme file was generated using wp-readme, which generates readme files for WordPress Plugins.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
v1.2.1 (2015-07-26) (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Tweak: Add z-index to the ribbon. (Thanks https://github.com/vivex)
v1.2 (2015-04-27) (Dev time: 1 hour)
- New: Add support for all public post types
- Tweak: Change the filter that is used to generate the ribbon HTML code
v1.1.3 (2014-10-04) (Dev time: 0.1 hour)
- Fix: Resolve SSL mixed content warnings by referencing the ribbon image without a hard coded scheme
v1.1.2 (2014-02-06) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fix: Fix undefined notice in add/edit post page
v1.1.1 (2014-02-03) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fix: Fix warnings and undefined notices
- Tweak: Make it compatible with WordPress 3.8
v1.1.0 (2013-07-30) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added the ability to open links in a new tab
v1.0 (2013-05-20) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fixed a bug which prevented the gray ribbon from showing up properly.
v0.9 (2013-05-18) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fixed a bug which prevented the ribbon from showing on non pages
v0.8 (2013-05-14) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fixed a bug which prevented the ribbon from showing on pages
v0.7 (2012-12-08) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added German translations
v0.6 (2012-07-10) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added Hindi translations
- Added Lithuanian translations
- Added Spanish translations
- Added CSS style to hide ribbon on printed pages
- Added Dutch translations
- Added option to use CSS3 ribbons
- Initial Release