RoloPress is a WordPress based, open source contact manager, which I am developing with my friend Steve Bruner. The main distinction of RoloPress is that it is an application build on top of WordPress and is not a separate application with is tied up with WordPress.
Some of the notable features of RoloPress for end users are:
- All admin tasks can be performed from front-end itself. You don’t need to visit the admin area.
- Ability to add/edit contacts
- Ability to add/edit companies
- Ability to add/edit notes about contacts or companies
- Has lot of readymade widgets (around 8 in the initial release)
RoloPress follows WordPress Plugin architecture and provides lot of features for developers to play around.
- Highly extendable API
- Lot of custom hooks and filters
- Look and feel can be easily modified by creating child themes
- Most of the existing WordPress Plugins will work out of the box
- Easy to extend (If you know how to write a WordPress Plugin then you can easily write Plugins for RoloPress)
- v1.0 – 2010-01-06
- v1.1 – 2010-01-14
- v1.2 – 2010-03-08
- v1.22 – 2010-03-25
- v1.3 – 2010-06-30
- v1.4 – 2010-09-02