After seeing me using my ez430, programmable watch to control ppt’s in my Mac, a couple of people asked me explain how I do it. As usual, instead of sending separate emails, I thought of documenting it here, so that it would be useful for others.
The following are the steps you need to follow.
- Plugin the ez430 USB dongle to the USB port of your Mac
- Pair the USB dongle and your ez430 watch
- Install python and Serial library
- Download or clone the ez430 tools repo from github
- Open up your ppt presentation
- Open terminal, navigate to the directory where you have ez430 tools package files and then type the command
- And you are done 🙂
Let me know if you face any issues.
Hi.. OSX Lion comes with python but not serial library… how to install?
You can install it using either easy_install or pip
pip install pyserial
it works, but when i click, responds twice
Try increasing the delay a bit.