Easy ReTweet is a WordPress Plugin, which let’s you add retweet or Tweet this buttons for your WordPress posts, together with the retweet count.
There are three ways you can add the retweet button. Automatic way, manual way and using shortcodes
Install the Plugin and choose the type and position of the button from the Plugin’s settings page. You can also specifically enable/disable the button for each post or page from the write post/page screen.
If you want more control over the way the button should be positioned, then you can manually call the button using the following code.
if (function_exists('easy_retweet_button')) echo easy_retweet_button();
You can also place the shortcode
If you are not familiar with either git or Github then refer to this guide to see how fork and send pull request.
If you are looking for ideas, then you can start with one of the following TODO items
The following are the features that I am thinking of adding to the Plugin, when I get some free time. If you have any feature request or want to increase the priority of a particular feature, then let me know.
- Add Google Analytics tracking to shortcodes and template function
- Add tracking of tweet button clicks
- If you have found a bug/issue or have a feature request, then post them in github issues
- If you have a question about usage or need help to troubleshoot, then post in WordPress forums or leave a comment in Plugins’s home page
- If you like the Plugin, then kindly leave a review/feedback at WordPress repo page.
- If you find this Plugin useful or and wanted to say thank you, then there are ways to make me happy and I would really appreciate if you can do one of those.
- Checkout other WordPress Plugins that I have written
- If anything else, then contact me in twitter.
General Settings page
Bit.ly Settings page
Twitter button Settings page
Enable/Disable button in the write post/page page
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Initial Release
- Added option to add/remove button in archive pages.
- Added support for translation.
- Added option to add/remove button in home page.
- Added option to edit the text that is displayed in the button.
- Added an option to add text that can be added as Prefix to the Twitter message used for retweet.
- Added support for shortcode to retweet button.
- Added option to enter your own Bit.ly username and api key.
- Added option to sepcify your own attributes like rel or target to the retweet link.
- The shorturls generated using your API key, will be linked with your account.
- Removed hard coded Plugin path to make it work even if the wp-content path is changed.
- Added the ability to enable/disable button on per page/post basics.
- Added the ability to enable/disable button on per page/post basics, event if template function is used.
- Ability to specify custom message for twitter instead of the post title.
- Also added Belorussian Translations (Thanks FatCow).
- Added Spanish Translations (Thanks Carlos Varela).
- Added support for official Tweet button
- Fixed issue with the support for official twitter button
- Fixed issue with permalink for official twitter button
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation
- Added German translations
- Added support for twitter intents and bit.ly pro accounts
- Reworded the domain text in the settings page.
- Enabled custom Bit.ly Pro domains (By Michelle McGinnis) and added Bulgarian and Lithuanian translations
- Added French translations
- Added translation support for Romanian
v2.9.1 (2012-07-23) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added translation support for Hindi
v2.9.2 (2012-11-07) (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added translation support for Irish
v3.0 (2013-06-03) – (Dev time: 1 hour)
- Added support for Google Analytics tracking
v3.0.1 (2013-06-11) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Added Danish translations
v3.0.2 (2014-06-19) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Tweak: Removed old PHP4 compatible code
- Tweak: Make it compatible with Easy Digital Downloads plugin. (Issue #5)
v3.0.3 (2015-01-29) – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fix: utm_medium parameter is not appended to the url properly. (Issue #7)