Easy ReTweet is a WordPress Plugin, which lets you add retweet or Tweet this buttons for your WordPress posts, together with the retweet count.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
There are three ways you can add the retweet button. Automatic way, manual way and using short codes
Install the Plugin and choose the type and position of the button from the Plugin’s settings page.
If you want more control over the way the button should be positioned, then you can manually call the button using the following code.
if (function_exists('easy_retweet_button')) echo easy_retweet_button();
You can also place the shortcode
[ easy-retweet ] anywhere in your post. This shortcode will be replaced by the button when the post is rendered.
You can also choose between
- bit.ly hit count button
- Official Twitter button
- Belorussian (Thanks FatCow)
- Spanish (Thanks Carlos Varela)
- Brazilian Portuguese (Thanks Marcelo of Criação de Sites em Ribeirão Preto)
- German (Thanks Jenny Beelens of professionaltranslation.com)
- Lithuanian (Thanks Nata of Web Hub)
- Bulgarian (Thanks Dimitar Kolevski of Web Geek)
- French (Thanks Brian Flores of InMotion Hosting)
- Romanian (Thanks Alexander Ovsov of Web Geek Sciense)
- Hindi (Thanks Outshine Solutions)
- Irish (Thanks Vikas Arora)
The pot file is available with the Plugin. If you are willing to do translation for the Plugin, use the pot file to create the .po files for your language and let me know. I will add it to the Plugin after giving credit to you.
If you have any comments or if you want to report any bugs, please leave a comment below or contact me in Twitter.
I would be posting updates about this Plugin in my blog and in Twitter. If you want to be informed when new version of this Plugin is released, then you can either subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed or follow me in Twitter.
Say Thank you
If you find this Plugin useful or like it and wanted to say thank you, then there are ways to make me happy and I would really appreciate if you can do one of those.
- 2009-07-13 – v0.1 – Initial Release
- 2009-07-20 – v0.2 – Added option to add/remove button in archive page.
- 2009-07-21 – v0.3 – Added support for translation.
- 2009-07-22 – v0.4 – Added option to add/remove button in home page.
- 2009-07-24 – v0.5 – Added option to change the text which is displayed in the button.
- 2009-07-26 – v0.6 – Prevented the script file from loading in Admin pages.
- 2009-07-27 – v0.7 – Added option to specify text that can be prefixed to the generated Twitter message
- 2009-07-28 – v0.8 – Added support for shortcode to retweet button.
- 2009-08-02 – v1.0 – Added an option to specify bit.ly username, API Key and also other attributes for the link.
- 2009-08-05 – v1.1 – Generating the js file from php to fix issues with bit.ly key. The urls generated will appear in bit.ly account.
- 2009-08-18 – v1.2 – Removed hard coded Plugin path to make it work even if the wp-content path is changed.
- 2009-08-19 – v1.3 – Added the ability to enable/disable button on per page/post basics.
- 2009-10-15 – v1.4 – Added the ability to enable/disable button on per page/post basics, event if template function is used.
- 2010-01-02 – v1.5 – Ability to specify custom message for twitter instead of the post title. Also added Belorussian Translations (Thanks FatCow).
- 2010-03-27 – v1.6 – Added Spanish Translations (Thanks Carlos Varela)
- 2010-11-29 – v2.0 – Added support for official Tweet button
- 2010-12-05 – v2.1 – Fixed issue with the support for official twitter button.
- 2011-01-23 – v2.2 – Fixed issue with permalink for official twitter button.
- 2011-01-23 – v2.3 – Added Brazilian Portuguese translations.
- 2011-05-11 – v2.4 – Added German translations
- 2011-05-20 – v2.5 – Added support for twitter intents and bit.ly pro accounts
- 2011-05-21 – v2.6 – Reworded the domain text in the settings page.
- 2011-09-05 – v2.7 – Enabled custom Bit.ly Pro domains (By Michelle McGinnis) and added Bulgarian and Lithuanian translations
- 2011-11-13 – v2.8 – Added French translations.
- 2012-03-13 – v2.9 – Added Romanian translations.
- 2012-03-13 – v2.9.1 – Added Hindi translations.
- 2012-11-07 – v2.9.2 – Added Irish translations.