For the uninitiated, readme file is a text file which has meta information about the Plugin and is usually bundled with the Plugin. Readme files for WordPress Plugins are very important, especially if you are planning to upload them to the official repository. WordPress follows a standard for the readme file so that the official repository can parse the meta information present in the file and render it like shown in the below screenshot.
I was looking for ways to automate the process of generating these readme files and didn’t find a solution. So I created my own 🙂
You can find the WordPress Plugin readme file generator in my projects page and you can use it to generate the readme file for your WordPress Plugins too. 🙂
Try it out guys and let me know if you want any other feature to be added to it.
- Email Log WordPress plugin v1.9.1 released
- Email Log WordPress plugin v1.9 released
- How to find if you are on the last page of a multi-page post in WordPress
- Easy Retweet WordPress plugin v3.1 Released
- Creating custom tables with correct Character Set and Collation in WordPress
- My contributions to WordPress 4.4