The wait is finally over. The most waited version of WordPress, Version 2.5 is out. WordPress 2.5 was in the making for nearly 6 months now and it has lot of new features and most importantly, changes to the admin screen. You can also view the screencast discussing the new admin pages from the WordPress development blog.
I am going to update my installation now and this blog might appear clunky while I am doing that. I have installed WordPress using svn so it is just a single shell command for me to update. Thanks to Joost, I converted my installation into a svn installation when WordPress 2.2.2 was released.
By the way this will be my last post using the old admin screens, I will post my experience with the new admin screens in a couple of days. Meanwhile if you have a self-hosted WordPress blog, then I highly recommend you to update to WordPress 2.5. Happy upgrading
- WP Github Gist plugin now supports the new Gist API
- Twitter Avatar plugin now supports the new Twitter API
- How To Properly Create Tables In WordPress Multisite Plugins
- Email Log plugin is now fully WordPress Multisite compatible
- Prevent users from adding new terms to custom taxonomy in WordPress
- Merged my blogs using WordPress Multisite