One of the most requested features for my Posts by Tag WordPress Plugin was the support for shortcodes. Finally I got some free time over the weekend and was able to implement it.
In addition to supporting sidebar widgets and template tags, the Posts by Tag WordPress now also support shorcodes.
You can embed a list of posts from a set of tags by using the following shortcode anywhere in your post or page.
In addition to using the tags attribute, you can also use other attributes that are supported by the template tag. For the full list checkout the readme file or the Plugins homepage.
Ability to sort by title
In addition to the support for shortcodes, I have also added the ability to sort by post title in this release. You can choose to sort by title in the sidebar widget or specify in the $order_by param to the template tag or as an attribute to the shortcode.
You can download the latest version of the Plugin from the Plugin’s homepage.
Please keep the feedback coming and if you want me to add any new features or find a bug, please leave a comment.
I would be posting updates about this Plugin in my blog and in Twitter. If you want to be informed when new version of this Plugin is released, then you can either subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed or follow me in Twitter.
- Creating new pages in WordPress through code
- Developing WordPress Plugins in Github
- Completely rewrote WP-IRC Plugin
- WordPress Plugin to add Foss.in badge
- Posts By Tag Plugin now supports excluding current post
- Started tracking time spend on my pet projects
- Bulk Delete Plugin now supports deleting by permalink
- Adopted Cron debug log WordPress Plugin
- Phishing attempts to get your wordpress.org password
- Generating dynamic files for download from PHP