I recently released a couple of updates to my Posts By Tag WordPress Plugin, which allows you to display a list of posts based on tags either in the sidebar as a widget or inside your posts using either shortcodes or a template tag.
The following are the changes that I have made to the Plugin
- Ability to exclude current post/page
- Moved caching logic to widget
- Added Lithuanian translations
Ability to exclude current post/page
One of the most requested feature in the Plugins was to have the ability to exclude the current post in the listing. This could happen when ever you are including the tag of the current post also in the list of tags.
Now I have added an option in the widget to exclude the current post or page.
This option is also available even if you are using either the template tag or the shortcode
Moved caching logic to widget
I have cleaned up the logic which I was using to cache the DB queries used by the Plugin. If you are using the widget, then the output of the widget itself is cached. If for some reason, you don’t want to the widget to cache the queries you can disable it as well.
But if you are using the shortcode or the template tag, then you have to manually cache the output or the db queries.
This release took me about 3.5 hours of development time. You can find more details about the dev time tracking which I have recently started doing in a separate blog post.
You can download the latest version of the Plugin from the Plugin’s home page.
Try out the Plugin and if you have any comments or if you want to report any bugs, please leave a comment below.
I would be posting updates about this Plugin in my blog and in Twitter . If you want to be informed when new version of this Plugin is released, then you can either subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed or follow me in Twitter .
- Email Log WordPress plugin v1.9.1 released
- Email Log WordPress plugin v1.9 released
- How to find if you are on the last page of a multi-page post in WordPress
- Easy Retweet WordPress plugin v3.1 Released
- Creating custom tables with correct Character Set and Collation in WordPress
- My contributions to WordPress 4.4